He boldly tattooed his lady love’s name on his hand, when playfully provoked by her friends to display the depth of his love he slashed his palm, and lately the object of his affection has been sporting a whopper on her finger.
Three months into the relationship, buzz is Saif Ali Khan, 37, and Kareena Kapoor, 27, have tied the knot. Curiously, quite akin to his first marriage with Amrita Singh, Saif again went at it the second time under the shroud of secrecy.
It has been reliably learnt that a quiet nikah ceremony took place in the presence of a maulvi in Saif’s new house Laview Patni, in Bandra on Wednesday. Says Saif’s astrologer Pandit Suvashitraj, “Yes, I have heard that Saif and Kareena solemnised their relationship with a formal exchange of rings in the presence of a maulavi on Wednesday. The ceremony took place at 12.30 p.m. This is what is known as vachan vivaah.”
A source from the industry who is close to Kareena confirmed the nikah and said that Saif has gifted Kareena a BMW.
Pandit Suvashitraj added, “Both Saif and Kareena, have been very eager to get married for a while now. Saif is ready but Kareena’s family is the stumbling block. The actress’ parents feel that she should concentrate on her career as a lot of plum offers are coming her way; and that she should put her marriage on hold for now.”
However, Saif dismissed it off as a rumour, and his mother Sharmila Tagore said, “I have no idea. When he married Amrita Singh, he didn’t inform. I don’t think he would do the same thing again.”
We dropped in at LaView Patni to get a whiff of things. The officer-in-charge Ashok Mishra only sheepishly said that Kareena has been a frequent visitor at the property and has been taking a keen interest in the renovations. “Saif has purchased the top two floors of this building and is re-doing the bedrooms and the kitchens. There is a lot of work going on in his house. He has put a gentleman called Rajesh in-charge of the dcor, and by the look of things here I don’t thing he will shift soon. It will take at least a year to get done.”
THE ACTION SO FAR
• Following the break-up between Kareena and her boyfriend-for-four-years, Shahid Kapur, Kareena and Saif were spotted together at numerous hot spots in Mumbai and Delhi.
• The two reportedly became close while shooting for their upcoming film Tashan, setting rumour mills abuzz with their link-up.
• Kareena was drawn to the senior actor on the sets of Tashan when her man of the moment Shahid Kapur was away shooting in Canada. Shahid was unaware of all that was going on behind his back, even though all was not well with that relationship.
• At a party at Imperial Hotel in Delhi, a photographer clicked Saif and Kareena cosying up. The hawk-eyed Kareena swooped down on the hapless lensman and snatched his camera. Saif and Usman (Amrita Arora’s boyfriend) joined in, took the photographer aside and deleted the tell-all pictures.
• They made their relationship public for the first time at Manish Malhotra’s grand finale show at the Lakme Fashion Week Spring-Summer ‘07. “Yes, we are not exactly shouting from the rooftops but yes, clearly we are together. And we are happy together,” he had said then.
• The couple left for Greece to shoot for Tashan, a day before the crew left, planning to spend some quality time together.
• Recently, Kareena made a discreet trip to Bangkok to meet Saif, who was shooting there for Kunal Kohli’s upcoming film. Following this, the couple left for Greece to shoot for Tashan.